2 lbs. old fashioned rolled oats (Bob's Red Mill is nice)
2 cups sliced almonds
2 cups chopped pecans
2 cups walnut pieces
2 cups shredded coconut
1 tsp. allspice
2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 cup dark brown sugar
1 tsp. salt
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tsp. almond extract
1/2 stick nondairy "butter" like Earth Balance
1/2 cup canola oil
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. In large mixing bowl combine oats, all nuts, coconut, allspice, cinnamon, brown sugar and salt.
3. In small pot melt butter and add oil and molasses. Take off the heat and let cool for 2 min. Add extracts.
4. Add liquid mixture to oats mixture and incorporate all ingredients thoroughly.
5. In three or four batches. Each time spreading out onto foil or parchment paper lined cookie sheet or large shallow glass baking dish.
6. Set timer and stir around after 8-10min. Bake for another 8 min and check that it is golden brown and take out. Granola is one of those things that will go from perfect to burnt from one minute to the next. So keep and eye on it. I usually spoil the first batch. Oh, well!
7. Store in air tight container.