REAL Veg, REAL simple !

I dedicate this blog to all those who ask us all the time "What does a vegan/vegetarian eat?" ....
This is it, the food on my plate !


It's not weird, it's not impossible and YES, it is TASTY! .... can't you tell?

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Falafel bites

It had been years since the last time I made falafel. I had bad memories from the last time I tried to make them. We were living in Omaha. NE and I'm going to take a wild guess and say that there are probably not many people trying to make falafel at home that deep in the Midwest. Anywho... I think the mix was old or something and they would just fall apart completely as soon as they hit the oil. And I've never been brave enough to try to make them from scratch. I might try. In the mean time, Whole Foods has a mix in their bulk bins that does the trick just fine!

When I was making them last night I had started to get pretty hungry so I made myself this little falafel bite. It was a falafel topped with a bit of Tofutti sour cream, then a slice of tomato, a sprinkle of salt and a few drops of lemon juice. It was so tasty that a few of those and a salad ended up being my dinner and I saved myself the carbs and calories from bread. Actually I didn't have pita so I made them in flour tortillas, like tacos, with salsa. Quite the mix of cultures around here!

Provecho!!!

1 comment:

  1. Those were delicious, and I like the "falafel bites"...so much so that I might grab that last one out of the fridge and make one now....

    Now, I support your healthful endeavors, but remember that the "calories and carbs from bread" (and members of the bread family) are some of the happiest you will ever eat.... Heed the wise words of Sofia Loren. :)

    As *I* like say, "Everything you see here came from bread, butter, and brownies!" Although people don't seem as amazed as I expect them to....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments