REAL Veg, REAL simple !

I dedicate this blog to all those who ask us all the time "What does a vegan/vegetarian eat?" ....
This is it, the food on my plate !


It's not weird, it's not impossible and YES, it is TASTY! .... can't you tell?

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Fruitarian

Zofia, if I allowed it, would live off of eating only fruit and bread with butter. The other day we went to Trader Joe's and she went wild putting in the cart every berry that she came across. When we got home I served her a plate of fruit to snack on ... and myself also some fruit ... hhmm .. you'll see...



So this is how Zofia likes her fruit ...


And THIS is how I like my fruit ... yeah ... this is how I roll!


This cake is the E-cakes recipe that I made in a round cake pan instead of cupcakes and the frosting is: 1-12oz. pkg. vacuum packed firm tofu, 2TB maple syrup, 1/4 cup soy milk, 10 oz. melted chocolate chips. Put all ingredients in the blender, and refrigerate for a couple of hours before spreading on cooled cake.

I wanted a for-no-reason-what-so-ever celebratory looking cake that was healthy for the kids (and myself). But if you want to go all out sinful try it with one of the many recipes out there for vegan chocolate cake or cupcakes. My favorite is from "Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World".
The night we had this for dessert, the kids and I sang "Happy Un-Birthday to Us" and dug in!

Provecho!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments