REAL Veg, REAL simple !

I dedicate this blog to all those who ask us all the time "What does a vegan/vegetarian eat?" ....
This is it, the food on my plate !


It's not weird, it's not impossible and YES, it is TASTY! .... can't you tell?

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Peaches, peaches and more peaches

Last year was the first year we picked peaches and we only brought home about 5 lbs. I sliced and froze them and had D E L I C I O U S smoothies for months. Peach is probably my favorite fruit and when I ran out of frozen peaches mid winter I wished I had picked more when they were in season. This year I will not live with that regret. I loaded up my trusty companions and we headed to Eckert's Farm again. They helped me pick and carry the box and we came home with about 10lbs this time. I hope I can fit them all in the freezer. Probably slim chance, I keep that freezer like I'm preparing for a hurricane, it must be one of those things that stays with me from living in prime hurricane territory most of my life, HA!



Zofia was quite excited about the peach picking adventure!


 Zuben, like always, being silly pretending to hide from the camera


Did you really think that my peach eating was going to start and end with smoothies?! NOT! I made a whole wheat  peach galette with a layer of almond paste between the crust layer and the peaches. I topped it with homemade vegan ice cream. Recipe below.


Vegan Coconut Milk Pineapple Ice Cream

1 container Tofutti Cream Cheese (8oz.)
1 small can coconut milk (14oz.)
1/2 cup soy milk
2 TB tapioca flour
1 cup granulated sugar
1 small can of pineapple juice (6oz.)

Blend all ingredients and refrigerate for 1-2 hrs. Pour into ice cream machine and let churn for 30 min.

PROVECHO!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments