Sooooooo easy! Enmoladas stuffed with a tofu, onion and soy cheese mixture with a side of Mexican red rice ... yum!
1 jar of Doña Maria Mole (can find in Mexican foods sect of any grocery store)
2 to 3 cups of vegetable broth
1 pkg. of corn tortillas
1/2 pkg (about 8oz.) water packed extra firm tofu
1/2 yellow onion
1 block of nondairy cheese (soy or almond) mozzarella style
1. With a spoon scoop out about half of the mole paste from the jar and put in a medium sauce pan with about 2 tablespoon of oil (any kind you like). Set temperature to medium low and try to break up the paste a little into smaller pieces, then add one cup of the broth and try to mix in until you have completely dissolved the mole paste with the broth and have obtained a thick but smooth consistency. It should look like very thick, gritty chocolate sauce. Continue to heat on low, if consistency seems to start to dry and become more pasty add more broth, it will continue to thicken until you turn the heat off. But you wan to make sure it is heated through and paste and broth are completely incorporated. Turn heat off and cover.
*Note: I know this was a long explanation, it just needs points of reference, so you know what is is supposed to look like, it's actually very quick and easy.
2. Drain tofu and n a medium bowl, crumble half of tofu package with hands or fork. Shred all of nondairy cheese package and add to tofu. Finely dice onion and add to tofu, cheese mixture. Blend all three with fork or spatula.
3. Heat tortillas about three at a time. They cool fast and they are best eaten hot. When the tortillas are heated through but still soft and pliable place on your plate. Add some of the tofu mixture towards the edge of the tortilla and roll to make a taco, set on side of plate with edge down so it doesn't unroll. Repeat with other two tortillas.
4. Once all three tacos are formed, place together and pour some of the mole on top, believe me you want plenty. Add more of the tofu mixture on top. Accompany with a pan grilled faux chicken fillet and some Mexican red rice (sorry, i guess that recipe is still pending .. rain check!).
* Note that it may be a little spicy, so this may not be suitable for children.